Swami Vivekananda Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship (SVMCM)
With a view to assisting the meritorious students belonging to economically backward families in the State of West Bengal to pursue higher studies, the Government of West Bengal introduces this scheme of giving scholarships at different levels of higher studies, at educational institutions based in West Bengal. The Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme has been thoroughly revamped in the year 2016 to cover more number of students as well as to enhance the scholarship amounts significantly.
- The scheme benefits students studying in regular mode of Class XI and XII, and at under Graduate level in Science /Arts/Commerce, Engineering, Medical and Technical / Professional courses. Post Graduate level students pursuing Science/Arts/Commerce & Technical/Management. These scholarships will be sanctioned to deserving students on merit -cum-means criteria.
- Students should pass in the year 2022 or 2021 or 2020 (unable to get admission in the year 2021 or 2020 due to unavoidable reason and taking admission in the year of advertisement) with at least (a)60%(75% for 2020 passout candidates) marks in aggregate in the last qualifying examination from West Bengal Board of Secondary Education/ West Bengal Council for Higher Secondary Education/Madrasa Education for Higher Secondary level or Under Graduate level Scholarship (b) 60%(75% for 2020 passout candidates) marks in aggregate in diploma course from Institutes approved by AICTE and affiliated to WBSCT&VE&SD for Under Graduate level Scholarship (in 2nd year Engineering/ Technology/Pharmacy courses through Lateral Entry) or affiliated by State Medical Faculty for Under Graduate level Scholarship (in 2nd year Pharmacy course through Lateral Entry) (c) 53% marks in aggregate in Graduation (Honours Subject) from any State University for Post Graduate Level Scholarship (General Education) /55% marks in Graduate Courses from any State University or AICTE approved Institute of West Bengal for Post Graduate Level Scholarship (Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy).
- Students pursuing M.Phil courses and Doctoral courses (NON-NET JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW and NET-LECTURERSHIP) from State-aided Institutions will come under the purview of this Scholarship Scheme.
- Girls Students pursuing Post Graduate courses in Science, Arts and Commerce stream from Universities of this State after obtaining Under Graduate Degree with 45% marks in aggregate from Institutions of this State will come under the aegis of this Scholarship Scheme as Kanyashree(K3) applicants.
- The upper ceiling for family income has been fixed at Rs.2,50,000/- per annum.
As the payment will be made by direct beneficiary transfer only, furnishing of Bank details of the applicant, i.e. A/C No., Bank Name, IFS Code of Bank is mandatory.
- There will be no need to submit hard copy of the application.
- Candidates opting for these scholarships and found eligible, will not be allowed to enjoy any other governmental (central/state) scholarship or stipend for the same course/stage of study. However, one time grants or assistances received from any source, or free or partly-free studentship allowed by the host institutions will not debar the students from availing of the benefits of this scheme.
Allocation And Rate Of Scholarship:
The basic allocation and rates will be as under :
|DIRECTORATE||COURSE||Eligibility Criteria||SCHOLARSHIP RATE PER MONTH (RS.)|
|DPI||UG (ARTS)||At least 60% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1000/-|
|UG(COMMERCE)||At least 60% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1000/-|
|UG (SCIENCE)||At least 60% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1500/-|
|UG (OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES, UGC APPROVED)||At least 60% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1500/-|
|PG (ARTS)||At least 53% marks for SVMCM and 45% for Kanyashree(K3 applicants in Last Qualifying Exam||2000/-|
|PG (COMMERCE)||At least 53% marks for SVMCM and 45% for Kanyashree(K3 applicants in Last Qualifying Exam||2000/-|
|PG (SCIENCE)||At least 53% marks for SVMCM and 45% for Kanyashree(K3 applicants in Last Qualifying Exam||2500/-|
|PG (OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES, UGC APPROVED)||At least 53% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||2500/-|
|NON NET M.PHIL./NON NET PH.D.||Date of Enrolment/Date of Registration not before 01.04.2017||5000/- / 8000/- Respectively|
|DSE||HS||At least 60% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1000/-|
|D.El.Ed||At least 60% marks in Last Qualifying Exam(Minimum Qualification H.S)||1000/-|
|DTE||UG (ENGG.), PG (ENGG.) AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES (AICTE APPROVED)||UG: 1. 60% 2. 60% in Diploma Course from WBSCT&VE&SD for lateral entry scheme. PG: 55% in Graduation from any State University/AICTE approved institute institute in West Bengal||5000/-|
|DTE&T||POLYTECHNIC (DIPLOMA COURSES)||At least 60% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1500/-|
|DME||UG (MEDICAL-DEGREE) AND DIPLOMA COURSES||At least 60% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||5000/- AND 1500/- RESPECTIVELY|
|1||2021-2022||Swami Vivekananda Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship (SVMCM) 2021-22||Download|
|2||2020-2021||Swami Vivekananda Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship (SVMCM) 2020-21||Download|
|3||2019-2020||Swami Vivekananda Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship (SVMCM) 2019-20||Download|
|4||2018-2019||Swami Vivekananda Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship (SVMCM) 2018-19||Download|
|5||2017-2018||Swami Vivekananda Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship (SVMCM) 2017-18||Download|